High-speed rail work closes roads and lanes in the Fresno, California area
Construction of the California high-speed rail line through the central San Joaquin Valley means drivers will continue to face road and lane closures in Fresno, Madera and other counties in the valley.
In Fresno, the California High-Speed Rail Authority announced nightly lane closures are set to begin Sunday evening along McKinley Avenue between Interstate 99 and West Avenue for utility work for the rail project. Work will take place from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. until May 13.
Also this week, multiple lane closures were announced for the area of Route 11 and Avenues 23 and 26 west of Chowchilla in Madera County. Northbound Route 11 will see one lane closure between 25 1/2 Avenue and 26 Avenue, and eastbound 23 1/2 Avenue will be closed between Route 11 and Route 12. Work will begin Monday and will continue until April 22 to allow for geotechnical work. for a future part of the route around Chowchilla.
In the Kern County community of Wasco, a new road closure has been announced for the construction of a high-speed underpass. G Street on Poso Avenue will be closed from Monday until February 2023.
These new projects are in addition to a number of ongoing construction sites in the valley.
In Fresno County
- Lane closures along Olive Avenue between Fruit and West Avenues in West Central Fresno will continue through April 29 for utility work on the rail project.
- East Avenue in south Fresno is closed between Golden State Boulevard and Railroad Avenue, and lane closures are underway on Golden State northbound at East Avenue, continuing through May 6 for utility work.
- Multi-lane closures continue in the area of Golden State Boulevard and Shaw, Swift and Richert Avenues in northwest Fresno for utility work continuing through May 27.
- The Weber Avenue area between G and H streets north of downtown Fresno is subject to multiple lane closures during the day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays through July 1.
- In downtown Fresno, Ventura Street between F and H streets remains fully closed through the end of 2022 for construction of a high-speed underpass.
- Adams Avenue is fully closed between Cedar and Maple Avenues, south of Fresno and west of Fowler, for construction of a high-speed rail bridge until August 2022.
- Chestnut Avenue, east of Caruthers and west of Selma, is closed between Nebraska and Kamm Avenues, and Mountain View Avenue is closed between Cedar and Peach Avenues, for ongoing construction. a high-speed rail bridge until February 2023.
- Elkhorn Avenue between Clovis and Fowler Avenues, west of Kingsburg and north of Laton, remains fully closed between Clovis and Fowler Avenues for crossing construction until February 2023.
In Madera and Kern counties
- On the east end of Madera, 15 1/2 Avenue is closed between Route 28 1/2 and Route 29 1/2, and Route 29 and Santa Fe Drive are closed between Avenues 15 and 16, for the ongoing construction of a high-speed train. railway crossing, continuing until June 2022.
- In Wasco, Kern County, Wasco Avenue is subject to lane closures near Poso Avenue for construction of an underpass through December 2022.